Noun is defined as the word which indicates the names of person, place, animal, thing and idea.
Among eight parts, noun is the most important part of speech. Nouns are very important in spoken as well as written language.
The term noun is used for person, animal, idea, thing and place.
Examples of Noun
We shall take some examples to know better.
The nouns in each sentence have been given in bold letters.
- Pranit started to draw a picture.
- Sameer is a clever boy.
- Elephant has a trunk.
- Parrot is green.
- Cat drinks milk.
- Delhi is a capital of India.
- Dog is an honest animal.
- Stand in the corner.
- See me in the school.
- Trees give oxygen to us.
- Mind your language.
- Don’t be rude with your mother.
Types of Noun
There are two types of Noun–
- Common Noun
- Proper Noun
- Definition and Examples of Proper Noun
- Definition and Examples of Common Noun
- Definition and Examples of Abstract Noun
- Definition and Examples of Collective Noun