List of Names for Group of People
Group of people is people who come together to do same work. Such groups of people have particular names. In previous chapter we have seen names for group of animals. In this chapter, we have a list of group of people.
Here is a list of names for group of soldiers, musicians, directors, actors, singers, tourists, thieves, doctors, traders and more and is given here.
Names for group of people starting from A to F
Have a look-
- Army :group of soldiers
- Audience: listeners gathered together for the same event
- Band : musicians performing for same event
- Band: a group of students of same age came together on the basis if same ability.
- Board : directors in same organization
- Brigade : group of soldiers
- Bunch: group of crooks that is very dishonest persons/ cheaters
- Bunch: group of similar people
- Cabal: a small group involved in secret schemes.
- Cast : the actors in a certain movie
- Choir: singers singing for same event
- Class : students studying in same class
- Company: group of soldiers
- Company: group of actors that usually performs together in plays.
- Crew : working members on a ship or plane
- Crowd : people gathered together
- Damning: group of jurors
- Division : group of soldiers
- Doctrine : group of doctors
- Faculty: a group of university departments concerned with a major division of knowledge.
- Family: group of people who are related to each other.
- Flock : group of tourists
Names for group of people starting from G to W
- Gang: organized thieves/ criminals
- Gang : labours came together
- Government: The group of people with the authority to govern a country or state.
- Group: dancers performing same dance
- Guild: An association of persons of the same trade.
- Huddle: In football, players gathered in a circle to plan the next play
- Jury: group of people those have been chosen to listen to the court action and decide whether a person is guilty or not.
- Mob : a large disorderly crowd
- Movement: A group of people with similar tendencies for political or social factors.
- Orchestra: A group of musicians who play together using variety of instruments.
- Pack: organized group of thieves
- Panel : experts working together on same topic
- Parliament: group of beggars
- Party: political people organized with an intention
- Platoon : soldiers commanded by a lieutenant
- Procession: A group of people moving in an orderly manner.
- Regiment: a large group of soldiers sometimes made up from a particular city or region and is usually commanded by a colonel
- Retinue: A body of followers or servants of an important person; e.g., bodyguards, secretaries or trainers.
- Sentence : group of judges
- Squad: small group of people trained to work together as unit.
- Staff : people (employees) work together in company or any other working place
- Superfluity: group of nuns
- Team : players playing on the same side
- Throng: busy people
- Tribe: a group of people often of relatives. They live together in remote area, speak same language and have same culture.
- Troop: A group of military people or scouts.
- Troupe: group of performers such as dancers or singers who work and travel together.
- Worship : group of writers
Switch from Group of People to Glossary.