List of Names for Group of People
A Group of people comes together to do the same work. Such groups of people have particular names. For example, in the previous chapter, we have seen names for groups of animals. In this chapter, we have a list of groups of people.
Here is a list of names for groups of soldiers, musicians, directors, actors, singers, tourists, thieves, doctors, traders, and more and is given here.
Names for groups of people starting from A to F
Have a look-
- Army: a group of soldiers
- Audience: listeners gathered together for the same event
- Band: musicians performing for the same event
- Band: a group of students of the same age comes together based on the same ability.
- Board: directors in the same organization
- Brigade: a group of soldiers
- Bunch: a group of crooks that is very dishonest persons/ cheaters
- Bunch: a group of similar people
- Cabal: a small group involved in secret schemes.
- Cast: the actors in a particular movie
- Choir: singers singing for the same event
- Class: students studying in the same class
- Company: a group of soldiers
- Company: a group of actors that usually performs together in plays
- Crew: working members on a ship or plane
- Crowd: people gathered together
- Damning: a group of jurors
- Division: a group of soldiers
- Doctrine: a group of doctors
- Faculty: a group of university departments concerned with a major division of knowledge.
- Family: a group of people who are related to each other.
- Flock: a group of tourists
Names for a group of people starting from G to W
- Gang: organized thieves/ criminals
- Gang: labours came together
- Government: The group of people with authority to govern a country or state
- Group: dancers performing the same dance
- Guild: an association of persons of the same trade
- Huddle: In football, players gather in a circle to plan the next play
- Jury: a group of people chosen to listen to the court action and decide whether a person is guilty or not.
- Mob: a sizeable disorderly crowd
- Movement: a group of people with similar tendencies for political or social factors.
- Orchestra: a group of musicians who play together using a variety of instruments.
- Pack: an organized group of thieves
- Panel: experts working together on the same topic
- Parliament: a group of beggars
- Party: political people organized with an intention
- Platoon: soldiers commanded by a lieutenant
- Procession: a group of people moving in an orderly manner
- Regiment: a large group of soldiers sometimes made up from a particular city or region and is usually commanded by a colonel
- Retinue: this is the name for a body of followers or servants of an important person, e.g., bodyguards, secretaries, or trainers.
- Sentence: a group of judges
- Squad: a small group of people trained to work together as a unit
- Staff: people (employees) who work together in the company or any other working place
- Superfluity: a group of nuns
- Team: players playing on the same side
- Throng: busy people
- Tribe: This is a group of people, often of relatives. They live together in a remote area, speak the same language, and have the same culture.
- Troop: a group of military people or scouts.
- Troupe: a group of performers such as dancers or singers who work and travel together.
- Worship: a group of writers
Switch from Group of People to Glossary.