Formation of the biggest and smallest numbers
For formation of biggest and smallest numbers from the given digits, first we should form all the possible numbers. After it we should find the biggest and smallest number. For this, we shall take an example.
Have a look-
From the above digits, we can form the numbers-
4857, 4578, 4758, 4875, 4587, 4785,
5487, 5478, 5847, 5874, 5748, 5784,
7485, 7458, 7845, 7854, 7548, 7584,
8457, 8475, 8574, 8547, 8745, 8754.
- We should write smallest digit first and then remaining digits in ascending order. i.e. the smallest number will be 4578.
To form the biggest number-
- We should write largest digit first and then remaining digits in descending order so the biggest number from above numbers will be 8754.
Formation of five digit number by using four digits
Now, if we have four digits and we have to use those four digits to form the smallest and biggest five digit numbers, we should keep in mind that to form the smallest number-
- We should write the smallest digit twice and remaining digits in ascending order.
If we have to form smallest five digit number by using above four digits,
so the smallest number will be 44578.
- Similarly to form the biggest five digit number, we should write the biggest digit twice and remaining digits in descending order.
If we have to form biggest five digit number by using above four digits,
the biggest five digit number will be 88754.
We can form six numbers by using three digits only once and out of those we have to find the smallest and biggest number. Let’s have a look-
Digits are 9, 2 and 6. Now first we shall form all the possible the numbers. and those are-
269, 296, 629, 692, 926 and 962
- The smallest number is 269
- Biggest number is 962
You may also like the related topics
- More about formation of smallest and biggest number
- How to write numbers in ascending and descending order