Adjectives of Number
Adjectives of Number are also called as Numeral Adjectives.
These adjectives give information about the numbers or order of persons or things.
We can question ‘How many?’ to noun to get adjectives of Number
Examples of Adjectives of Number
Here are some examples of words for counting the things. These words are in bold letters.
- She sang five songs on annual function ceremony.
- Most girls participate in knitting competition.
- You can learn twenty four hours a day from this site .
- There are several things to learn.
- She has learnt something.
- He has bought many notebooks from the mall.
- You should take some rice.
- Every word of this article should be edited.
- Each student must learn basic formulas.
- All students of eleventh standard participated in co-curricular activities.
- She is first house wife who joined Grammar class.
- There is only one solution for this difficult problem.
- This construction is of seventeenth century and still there is no damage.
Types of Numeral Adjectives
Adjectives of Number are distinguished according to the work in the sentence. Those are of three types.
Distributive Numeral Adjectives
Distributive numeral adjectives denote to every one of a number.
Here are some examples to get you better.
Distributive numeral adjectives are in bold letters.
- Every thread of it is faint coloured.
- Each lady must take care of her child.
Definite Numeral Adjectives
We can use definite numeral adjective to tell about the exact position or number of subject in the sentence.
Read the following sentences to understand better.
Examples of distributive numeral adjectives are in bold letters.
- Rohit stood first in his class.
- There are eleven players in the team.
Indefinite Numeral Adjectives
Indefinite numeral adjectives are used to tell about numerous subjects. These words do not explain about specific count value. And we use those as adjectives of quantity.
You can also like the following related links of types of adjectives-