Parts of Speech with Explanation
Parts of Speech is a division of words.When we write or speak, we use words to express something by making sentences with sense. In English language there are so many words. We use those to make sentence of sense. According to work of words used in sentence, are divided into eight parts, are called Parts of speech.
In English language, there are so many words but they all don’t do the same job. Every word does its special job in the sentence. You will get the proper information about these listed listed here.
Here are the eight speech parts with their work are-
- Noun – name of thing or person
- Pronoun – word used instead of noun
- Adjective – gives more information about noun
- Verb – action word
- Adverb – gives more information about verb, adjective or adverb
- Preposition – shows relation to noun
- Conjunction – joins words, clauses or sentences
- Interjection – word for short exclamation, sometimes inserted into a sentence
You will get more information about these terms by clicking the links given above which are the links of parts of speech.