A noun is a word that indicates the name of a person, place, animal, thing, or idea. The noun is the most important of the eight parts of speech. Nouns are essential in spoken as well as written language. We use the term ‘noun for a person, place, animal, thing, or idea.
Examples of Noun
We shall take some examples to know better.
The nouns in each sentence are in bold letters.
- Pranit started to draw a picture.
- Sameer is a clever boy.
- The elephant has a trunk.
- The parrot is green.
- Cat drinks milk.
- Delhi is the capital of India.
- The dog is an honest animal.
- Stand in the corner.
- See me at the school.
- Trees give oxygen to us.
- Mind your language.
- Don’t be rude to your mother.
Noun: Person, Place, Animal, Thing
Some nouns are given below in the categories of person, place, animal, and thing.
Let’s have a look-
20 Noun Examples of Person, Place, Animal, and Thing
Types of Noun
There are two types of nouns–
1. Common noun
2. Proper noun
You may also like the related links given below.
- Definition and Examples of Proper Nouns
- Definition and Examples of Common Nouns
- Definition and Examples of Abstract Nouns
- Definition and Examples of Collective Nouns