‘Adjectives of Number’ are also called as ‘Numeral Adjectives’. ‘Adjectives of Number’ give information about the numbers or order of persons or things. We get numeral adjectives by questioning ‘How many?’ to Noun.
Examples of numeral adjectives
Words in bold letters are adjectives of number.
- She sang three songs in annual function ceremony.
- Most girls participate in knitting competition.
- You can learn from this site twenty four hours a day.
- There are several things to learn.
- She has learnt something.
Kinds of Numeral Adjectives
Adjectives of Number are of three kinds.
- Distributive Numeral Adjectives
- Indefinite Numeral Adjectives
- Definite Numeral Adjectives
Distributive Numeral Adjectives
These adjectives denote to every one of a number.
Read some examples-
Words in bold letters are the examples of distributive numeral adjectives.
- Every thread of it is faint coloured.
- Each lady must take care of her child.