Adjectives of Number
Adjectives of Number are also called as Numeral Adjectives.
We can question ‘How many?’ to noun and get Adjectives of Number.
Examples of adjectives of Number
Here are some examples of words for count. These words are in bold letters.
- She sang five songs in annual function ceremony.
- Most girls participate in knitting competition.
- You can learn from this site twenty four hours a day.
- There are several things to learn.
- She has learnt something.
- He has bought many notebooks from the mall.
- You should take some rice.
- Every word of this article should be edited.
- Each student must learn basic formulas.
- All students of eleventh standard participated in co-curricular activities.
- She is first house wife to join Grammar class.
- There is only one solution to this difficult problem.
- This construction is of seventeenth century and still there is no damage.
Types of Numeral Adjectives
Adjectives of Number are of three types.
Distributive Numeral Adjectives
Distributive numeral adjectives denote to every one of a number.
Read some examples-
Words in bold letters are the examples of distributive numeral adjectives.
- Every thread of it is faint coloured.
- Each lady must take care of her child.
Definite Numeral Adjectives
We can use definite numeral adjective to tell about the exact position or number of subject of sentence.
- Rohit stood first in his class.
- There are eleven players in the team.
Indefinite Numeral Adjectives
Indefinite numeral adjectives are used to tell about numerous subjects. These words do not explain about specific count value. They are used as adjectives of quantity.
You can also like the following related links of types of adjectives-