What is a Personal Pronoun?
Personal Pronoun gives us information about-
- a speaker that is the ‘person’,
- pronoun whether it is masculine, feminine or neuter that is the ‘gender’,
- whether it is singular or plural that is the ‘number’,
- pronoun whether it is subject or object that is the ‘case’.
|Subject Singular||Subject Plural||Object Singular||Object Plural|
The pronoun ‘he’ is used for the masculine gender, ‘she’ for the feminine gender, and ‘it‘ for neuter gender as well as non-living things. The plural number of all third persons that is he, she, and it is ‘they’. We use them for ‘her’ and ‘him’.
Examples of personal pronouns-
- They have a good teacher. She asked them to work smarter.
- The mother said, ”Sam, you are very naughty, and you don’t follow me.”
- The teacher scolded her because she was late.
- This diary has nice pages and information, so I like it very much.
- I shall tell you about the job.
- You often answer politely to his rude questions.
- He is climbing on the steep mountain without anyone’s help.
- Have they applied for a job in a multinational company?
- Had she completed her assignment before submission?
- Did you enjoy yesterday’s party thrown in college?
- Are we smart students or not?
- Does she participate in the competitions held by our college?
- Did I hurt you?
You may like the related links given below.