What are Personal Pronouns?
Personal Pronoun is the pronoun which is used to denote-
the person in singular or plural form and we use this pronoun in place of the name of a person.
Personal Pronoun gives us the information about-
- a speaker that is the ‘person’
- pronoun whether it is masculine, feminine or neuter that is the ‘gender’ and
- whether it is singular or plural that is the ‘number’.
- pronoun whether it is subject or object that is the ‘case’.
Go through the tabular form of these pronouns so that you will understand it better.
|Subject Singular||Subject Plural||Object Singular||Object Plural|
Pronoun ‘he’ is used for masculine gender, ‘she’ for feminine gender, and ‘it‘ for neuter gender as well as non-living things. The plural number of all third persons that is he, she and it is they. We use them for her and him.
We know that the main function of pronoun is to avoid repetition of a noun or noun phrase. The same function is done by the personal pronoun to avoid the repetition of a noun.
Examples of personal pronoun-
Here are some examples of personal pronouns. Those are in bold letters.
- They have a good teacher. She asked them to work smarter.
- The mother said,” Sam, you are very naughty and you don’t follow me.”
- The teacher scolded her because she was late
- This diary has nice pages and information so I like it very much.
- I shall tell you about the job.
- You often answer politely to his rude questions.
- He is climbing on the steep mountain without anyone’s help.
- Have they applied for a job in a multinational company?
- Had she completed her assignment before submission?
- Did you enjoy yesterday’s party thrown in college?
- Are we smart students or not?
- Does she participate in the competitions held by our college?
- Did I hurt you?
You may like the related links given below.
Go over –