Parts of Speech is a division of words. When we write or speak, we use words to express something by making sentences with sense.
In the English language, there are so many words.
We use those to make a sentence of sense. According to the work of words used in a sentence, are divided into eight parts, are called Parts of speech.
Eight Parts of Speech
The eight parts of speech are-
There are so many words in the English language. But in the sentences, they all don’t do the same job.
Every word in the sentence does its special work.
You will get the proper information about these terms listed here.
Here are the eight parts of speech with their work-
- Noun – the name of a thing or a person
- Pronoun – a word used instead of a noun
- Adjective – gives more information about a noun.
- Verb – an action word
- Adverb – gives more information about a verb, adjective, or adverb.
- Preposition – shows a relation to the noun.
- Conjunction – joins words, clauses, or sentences.
- Interjection – a word for short exclamation, sometimes inserted into a sentence
You will get more information about these terms by clicking the links given above, which are the links of speech parts.