Digit- a Symbol in Number
Digit is a single symbol which we use to write number that is from 0 to 9. It means, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 are digits. We can use these symbols to make two, four or multi digit number.
Here, we shall see which numbers are of single digit or more. Now we have single to eight digit numbers.
Example of digit in number
We shall take an example.
Let’s take number- 328
In the number three hundred and twenty eight, 3, 2 and 8 are digits.
So we use digits to make numbers.
Numbers having single to eight digits
Here are the numbers.
Let’s have a look-
Numbers have digits.
- 1 – 9 are single digit numbers.
- 10 – 99 are two digit numbers.
- 100 – 999 are three digit numbers.
- 1000 – 9999 are four digit numbers.
- 10000 – 99999 are five digit numbers.
- 100000 – 999999 are six digit numbers.
- 1000000 – 9999999 are seven digit numbers.
- 10000000 – 99999999 are eight digit numbers.
Smallest and Greatest Number
Now we shall see which numbers are smallest and greatest.
Easy way to get smallest number is –
- digit 1 only or
- digit 1 with zeros according to the number of digits in that numeral.
Greatest number is-
- 9 or
- more 9s according to the number of digits.
Let’s have a look-
- There are 9 numbers of single digit.
Smallest single digit number is 1 and greatest single digit number is 9.
- There are 90 numbers of two digits.
Smallest two digit number is 10 and greatest two digit number is 99.
- There are 900 numbers of three digits.
Smallest three digit number is 100 and greatest three digit number is 999.
- There are 9000 numbers of four digits.
Smallest four digit number is 1000 and greatest four digit number is 9999.
- There are 90000 numbers of five digits.
Smallest five digit number is 10000 and greatest five digit number is 99999.
- There are 900000 numbers of six digits.
Smallest six digit number is 100000 and greatest six digit number is 999999.
- There are 9000000 numbers of seven digits.
Smallest seven digit number is 1000000 and greatest seven digit number is 9999999.
- There are 90000000 numbers of eight digits.
Smallest eight digit number is 10000000 and greatest eight digit number is 99999999.
You may also like the related topics.
- Multiplication Tables-