Digit- a Symbol in Number
Example of digit in number
We shall take an example.
Let’s take number- 328
So we use digits to make numbers.
Numbers having single to eight digits
Here are the numbers.
Let’s have a look-
Numbers have digits.
- 1 – 9 are single digit numbers.
- 10 – 99 are two digit numbers.
- 100 – 999 are three digit numbers.
- 1000 – 9999 are four digit numbers.
- 10000 – 99999 are five digit numbers.
- 100000 – 999999 are six digit numbers.
- 1000000 – 9999999 are seven digit numbers.
- 10000000 – 99999999 are eight digit numbers.
Smallest and Greatest Number
Now we shall see which numbers are smallest and greatest.
Easy way to get smallest number is –
- digit 1 only or
- digit 1 with zeros according to the number of digits in that numeral.
Greatest number is-
- 9 or
- more 9s according to the number of digits.
Let’s have a look-
- There are 9 numbers of single digit.
Smallest single digit number is 1 and greatest single digit number is 9.
- There are 90 numbers of two digits.
Smallest two digit number is 10 and greatest two digit number is 99.
- There are 900 numbers of three digits.
Smallest three digit number is 100 and greatest three digit number is 999.
- There are 9000 numbers of four digits.
Smallest four digit number is 1000 and greatest four digit number is 9999.
- There are 90000 numbers of five digits.
Smallest five digit number is 10000 and greatest five digit number is 99999.
- There are 900000 numbers of six digits.
Smallest six digit number is 100000 and greatest six digit number is 999999.
- There are 9000000 numbers of seven digits.
Smallest seven digit number is 1000000 and greatest seven digit number is 9999999.
- There are 90000000 numbers of eight digits.
Smallest eight digit number is 10000000 and greatest eight digit number is 99999999.
You may also like the related topics.
- Multiplication Tables-