Use of had in Sentence: Had is a past form of the verb have. Had is used with all subjects that are I, we, you, he, she, it, they. We can use had with any subject of a first, second, or third person, singular or plural noun in the past tense.
Had: How to Use in Sentence
Use of had to explain possession
Here are some examples. Let’s have a look-
- He had a nice garden in his yard.
- She had a spacious flat there.
- Neeta had soft skin.
- He had two sisters.
- Rohini had a nice bungalow in the metropolitan city.
- She had too much work then.
- He had a meeting at 9 o’clock on last Monday.
- Rahul had stomach pain before two days.
- The seventh standard student had a wooden geometrical box last year.
- The elephant had a long trunk.
- A squirrel had a bushy tail.
- Motorman had a temperature in the morning.
- The nurse had a white cap.
- The baby had so many soft toys.
- Swati had a sketch pen box.
Also read- Use of have
Use of had to tell about the completed action
We know that we can use had in only past tense so we shall take some sentences in the past tense. In these sentences, we used had with the past participle of the main verb. These sentences are in the perfect past tense.
Let’s have a look-
- He had completed that work in time.
- I know that he had done it very well.
- She had completed that work in time.
- He had decided to meet his boss in the office.
- They had received the parcel which was well packed.
- Shalaka had done a good job.
- My grandfather had bought a blue car.
- Her daughter had done it very well.
- Customers had accepted the offer.
- His brother had improved his skills.
Use of had to lessons of English Grammar.