Emphatic Pronoun or Intensive Pronoun
An Emphatic pronoun is a personal pronoun.
Emphatic Pronoun is similar to the Reflexive Pronoun.
Sometimes Compound Personal Pronouns are used to emphasize the noun.
Such function words are called Emphatic Pronouns or Intensive Pronouns.
Examples of Emphatic Pronoun
Here are some examples. These function words are in bold letters.
- I myself did it.
Let’s have some more examples.
- I myself checked all the paid bills. (‘myself’ emphasizes ‘I’)
- I myself will try to solve this problem.
- I myself carried his lunchbox and gave him.
- You yourself can write that article. (‘yourself’ emphasizes ‘you’)
- You yourself could get it very well.
- In this case, you yourself should interfere.
- He himself attended that lecture. (‘himself’ emphasizes ‘he’)
- He himself will give up.
- He himself broke his window pane.
- The building itself is very tall. (‘itself’ emphasizes ‘building’)
- The dog itself caught the ball. (‘itself’ emphasizes ‘dog’)
- She herself will search it. (‘herself’ emphasizes ‘she’)
- She herself takes care of her kids.
- We ourselves will patch it up.
- We ourselves had gone to a particular place.
- The secretary himself welcomed us to the school. (‘himself’ emphasizes ‘secretary’)
- They themselves admitted their misdeed. (‘themselves’ emphasizes ‘they’)
- They themselves clean their premises.
Now it is easy to understand, so you can write some examples by using Emphatic Pronouns in the sentences.
You may like the related links given below.
Go over: Pronoun-
• Indefinite Pronouns