Abstract noun is the noun which cannot be heard, smelt, touched or seen that is they cannot be experienced by our five sensory organs. Here are some examples in which we have used abstract nouns in the sentences.
Have a look-
Examples of Abstract Noun
Abstract noun is in bold letters.
- In childhood I used to climb on the tree.
- She cracked a joke and laughter broke out.
- I like beauty of the nature.
- Metal gets hardness after a chemical reaction.
- She has fear of open spaces.
- I hate rude people.
- As her mother died last week, she is in grief.
- Don’t challenge me. I have a courage to climb on this mountain.
- There is too much pain in my back.
- We should face the failure.
- He takes interest in reading fictions.
- That daily soap is about an adventure of a small boy.
- Your life is so beautiful.
In above sentences the words, ‘childhood’, ‘laughter’, and ‘hardness’ show the state, action and quality.
We call such words as abstract nouns which show state, action, quality.
The names of Sciences and Arts are also abstract Nouns.
Ex- Physics, Biology.
Concrete Noun represents something that can be heard, smelt, tasted, seen or touched.
Abstract nouns are opposite to Concrete nouns.
Examples of Concrete Nouns
Here are some examples of these names.
These names are in bold letters.
- Book is on the table.
- Keep that bag
- There is a big tree in front of his house.
- Lion is a forest animal.
- Cloud has white colour.
- Table is made of wood.
- Now a day computer has become very important device.
- Book is covered with plastic coated paper.
- He purchased new TV yesterday.
In above sentences the words, book, table, bag, tree, house, lion, forest, animal, cloud are concrete nouns.
For more, go over-