What is an Exclamatory Sentence?
Exclamatory sentence is just like assertive sentence but this sentence shows emotion or excitement. It means exclamatory sentence is a declarative sentence in which we emphasize a point. We use an exclamation mark at the end of exclamatory sentence.
Mark that exclamation mark is also used in imperative sentences.
These sentences are frequently used in business correspondence. It means, we don’t use these sentences to convey text messages or emails.
Uses of Exclamatory Sentences
Here are some uses of these sentences to express the emotions. We shall see how to use these sentences for it.
We use exclamatory sentences to –
- India won the world cup!
- My son scored 90% marks in the exam!
- Our team has been chosen as a national team!(perfect present passive)
- What a cool evening!
- No, you are not allowed to manage this event!
- You have made me angry!
- What a rude man you are!
- You have become so naughty!
- You don’t help me in cleaning the house!
- He can’t do anything better!
- Though you have all facilities, you don’t study hard!
- No electricity yet!
- How hot the day is!
- I feel alone without you!
- My family is far from me!
- He missed the chance of joining party due to illness!
- As I am going out I cannot enjoy these moments!
- What a beautiful bird it is!
- Wow, its wonderful idea!
- You have such a pretty farm house!
- Awesome, I can do it!
- Nice, you caught the ball!
- How interesting game I found!
- I don’t know what will happen there!
- She doesn’t know if she has enough money to buy that dress!
- You have very lovely smile!
- I just adore you!
- You are so beautiful!
You may also like the links given below.
Learn through these links which are related to types of sentences.